Oxygen 8 v2 pitch wheel: reassignable to any MIDI CC?

moonie

• Members

I'm considering buying an M-Audio Oxygen 8 v2 so I can use its controller bits, but not its keys....

It would really help me a lot if the pitch wheel could be re-assigned to some other MIDI CC #, like, I dunno, CC #111. I want to use it to control pitch on a device that will let me use MIDI CC to control pitch, yet does not actually receive MIDI pitch bend.

Can anyone who has an Oxygen 8 v2 confirm that the pitch wheel can, indeed, be reassigned to send some other MIDI CC#? I think I could work with whatever it sends, as long as it's really reassignable.

I'd be interested to hear from you if you've actually tried it, heard the result, and maybe have a comment or two on what you did.

One thing that might be a prob, which I'd like to ask you about, if you tried it: does the pitch wheel keep sending MIDI CC data even when untouched, if you reassign it, or does it only send when you move it? I tried simply wiring up a pitch wheel to an exp pedal input on my VG-88, but that was no good, because the pitch wheel doesn't actually return to quite the same pitch consistently. If I use MIDI, instead of electronics, I'm hoping to avoid that problem.

thanks,

--moonie

• 1 year later...

Archived