Buying Motif ES Rack -True or False Question

Rumorsband

• Members

Buying to replace my Roland MGS 64 ( rack mount sound canvas ). Will my sequence sounds be a lot better? I heard the GM sounds in the motif and was not crazy about them. Yamaha says I can use "any" sounds in the multitimbral mode not just GM...true? or false?

Ofcourse you can lol. All the sounds can be used in multi mode.

P.S i am selling my Motif es rack :) let me know if youre interested in buying

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

would some one by any chance know if the MOTIF RACK ES has some oriental and ethnic instruments voices in? I searched the net for days and i couldn't find any answer... i need it for music production.

Yamaha built the PSR-OR700 specifically for oriental and ethnic music production. It not only has custom voices, but also real-time scale converter and styles covering the major genres with unlimited custom styles via USB. That's what you want, not the Motif ES Rack.

• Members

At this point, the PSR-OR700 will be much better than any rack for your purpose, and it has buttons that you can use during live performance that are specifically helpful for oriental and ethnic music production. Roland also has an arranger for oriental music, but I think that the Yamaha will probably be better and cheaper. Casio also has an oriental version of their keyboard, but it won't be in the same class as the Yamaha. The PSR-OR700 is based on Yamaha's flagship professional arranger, the Tyros 2.

• Members

Allright! so that's great! Tyros 2 voices are pretty astonishing!!! thank you xmlguv! I think you have convinced me! I'm gonna go for the PSR-OR700. Have you ever used Wizoo Darbuka Software? (I'm sorry I got out of topic for this Motif ES Rack discussion.)

Archived