OT: So Excited! Just bought my new PC!!

-groovatious-

• Members

Now the fun task of getting up to my elbows in components and putting it together!!

Ended up going for:

• CoolerMaster CM-690 Case

• Corsair HX-620 PSU

• 2 x Seagate 320G 16M HDDs (Not in RAID - 1 for OS, 1 for Audio)

• 4 Gig 800MHz RAM

• Gigabyte P35 DS3 Mobo

• Jetway GeForce 8800GT

• Intel Quad Core 2.4 Q6600 CPU

• D-Link DWL-G510 Wireless Network Card

Thank you to all KSS members for your advice along the way!

Been looking forward to this for a LONG time, so just had to voice my excitement! :D

• Members

And you also "get" to do that teeth-grinding part if you read about the Q9450 and the P38-series motherboards
;)

Don't know what you're referring to, but I used a Gigabyte P35 motherboard in a pc I built (with assistance from a friend) last summer and it's great. Gigabyte gives good documentation too. I used an intel Core 2 duo processor.

• Members

Don't know what you're referring to

Technological progress. The moment you buy something it becomes obsolete and you kick yourself for not waiting just a little bit longer :D.

I've got a Gigabyte P35 too, but the (correction, not P38), X38 series is out now, as well as the Q9450 (which has 2 x 6 mb instead of 2 x 4 mb and runs at 2.66Ghz instead of 2.4). Just a little bit faster and a little bit more current again.

• Members

I've got a Gigabyte P35 too, but the (correction, not P38), X38 series is out now, as well as the Q9450 (which has 2 x 6 mb instead of 2 x 4 mb and runs at 2.66Ghz instead of 2.4). Just a little bit faster and a little bit more current again.

and an 8x multiplier....It will be interesting to see how far they can overclock on current P35/X38 series motherboards. What would give you better performance - the Q6600 at 3.6Ghz or the Q9450 at 3.2?

• Members

Well, it's all up and running :D

Runs like an absolute dream - I must have a talent for this ;)

Had a few issues with noise from the CM690 case and fans, but a few rubber spacers between the fans and case fixed this.

It's not silent , but it's quiet enough not to be annoying.

Runs cool as ice tho and BLAZINGLY fast.

• Members

Why wouldn't it?
:confused:

SOme PC components just don't get on with other components... My old Echo MIA card was really fussy about motherboards (I tried 2 different motherboards with no success)... in fact I just ended up selling it on ebay and somebody else bought it and he/she seemingly had no problems...

• Members

SOme PC components just don't get on with other components... My old Echo MIA card was really fussy about motherboards (I tried 2 different motherboards with no success)... in fact I just ended up selling it on ebay and somebody else bought it and he/she seemingly had no problems...

The old VIA chipsets had issues with a lot of DAW setups...I havent had a hardware compatability problem in years.

Archived