Do I need a new sound card? Problem with my.....

PRSnotPOS

• Members

Hey guys. I'm using Drumkit from Hell 1 and Sonar PE 7. My midi controller is an Axiom 49. Sometimes when I trigger the drums with my keyboard through Sonar I get this weird static/clicking sound that echoes for about 2 secs and then stops. This doesn't happen all the time but when it does it's pretty annoying. I have a feel if I were to make a drum made and then export the song as a .wav the static sound wouldn't be on the recording but it's still pretty annoying to practice with.

My question is:

Does anyone know what could be causing this?? I have a feeling it may be my soundcard. All I have is an integrated SoundMax sound card which came with the computer. I'm thinking of buying a M-Audio Delta 1010 LT PCI but I rather not make the investment if I don't have to. Please let me know what you guys think. Thank you.

• Members

Hey guys. I'm using Drumkit from Hell 1 and Sonar PE 7. My midi controller is an Axiom 49. Sometimes when I trigger the drums with my keyboard through Sonar I get this weird static/clicking sound that echoes for about 2 secs and then stops. This doesn't happen all the time but when it does it's pretty annoying. I have a feel if I were to make a drum made and then export the song as a .wav the static sound wouldn't be on the recording but it's still pretty annoying to practice with.

My question is:

Does anyone know what could be causing this?? I have a feeling it may be my soundcard. All I have is an integrated SoundMax sound card which came with the computer. I'm thinking of buying a M-Audio Delta 1010 LT PCI but I rather not make the investment if I don't have to. Please let me know what you guys think. Thank you.

Sounds like a soundcard/latency issue. Make sure your drivers are updated and you are using the right drivers ASIO?

KAC

• Members

Onboard cards don't have ASIO drivers and rarely have updated drivers at all, so yes, you'll have to make an investment. You could consider something like www.asio4all.com but it's a stopgap measure.

The trouble's indeed in the sound card, but if the Delta is too expensive, see if you can get a secondhand M-Audio Audiophile 2496.

• Members

I haven't had any luck myself using Sonar and my laptop's built-in SoundMAX. Even ASIO4ALL was no help. Do yourself a favor (like I did) and buy an external audio interface. I used a Presonus FireBOX myself, worked just great and no more clicky-snap.

WARNING WARNING WARNING: Be *sure* that whatever interface you buy has current drivers for the OS you're running!

Archived