AMT8 not seen by Logic 8/AudioMidi?

stikygum

• Members

Well I know this is a computer question/issue, but I know some of you here have Macs and may have some experience with this (I hope...)

I have Logic Pro 8 and have used my Emagic AMT8 midi interface with it using the Unitor/AMT8 midi driver 1.7. For some reason, Logic (and AudioMidi) doesn't see my AMT8 anymore. All I know is I haven't used Logic for about a month and I loaded a Korg MicroX editor onto my Macbook since then (along with possiblt a couple other programs). I'm thinking the MicroX editor did something to my setup, but am not sure.

I went ahead and deleted the drivers and the MicroX editor, but still nothing works. Any ideas how to get Logic to see my AMT8? (I did plug my other keyboards into the AMT8 to make sure it receives midi and the lights blink, indicating that the AMT8 receives midi).

• Members

Well I know this is a computer question/issue, but I know some of you here have Macs and may have some experience with this (I hope...)

I have Logic Pro 8 and have used my Emagic AMT8 midi interface with it using the Unitor/AMT8 midi driver 1.7. For some reason, Logic (and AudioMidi) doesn't see my AMT8 anymore. All I know is I haven't used Logic for about a month and I loaded a Korg MicroX editor onto my Macbook since then (along with possiblt a couple other programs). I'm thinking the MicroX editor did something to my setup, but am not sure.

I went ahead and deleted the drivers and the MicroX editor, but still nothing works. Any ideas how to get Logic to see my AMT8? (I did plug my other keyboards into the AMT8 to make sure it receives midi and the lights blink, indicating that the AMT8 receives midi).

info on this problem that might help::idea:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1365542

you will need to confirm you have the correct, latest driver (EmagicUSBMIDIDriver.plugin) for your Mac (Intel or PPC) in /Library/Audio/Midi Drivers

:cool:

• Members

also....

just another idea...

look in /Library/Audio/Midi Drivers

and move any other Plugins (that might have been installed with the MicroX editor) out of that folder and reboot- then try. (on the odd possibility that some plugin has been installed with the MicroX editor and conflicts with the Apple Emagic plugin) - this would be scarily similar to how we solved conflicts back in the OS9 days.

you're on an intel Macbook - correct? if so, you should be running the Universal Plugin "EmagicUSBMIDIDriver.plugin" version 1.11 that is installed from the Logic 8 DVD (you can use "Pacifist" to extract the .PKG from the DVD to reinstall the plugin... without having to reinstall Logic 8- this is what I did) :blah:

• Members

I'm on an Intel Core Duo Macbook.

I have the EmagicUSBMIDIDriver.plugin and also the Motu Midi Driver.plugin in my Midi Drivers Folder. That's the only 2 plugins in there. There are NO Korg drivers anywhere that I can find on my Mac (although maybe there is something still lingering). The Korg editor has a seperate folder, which I now deleted - so the Korg MicroX is also deleted from my AudioMidi.

I'm pretty sure I have the latest : Emagic MIDIDriver_170.dmg - I got it from here: http://download.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/emagic/Driver_Files/

Will the Unitor Control Panel still be worth downloading in this situation? (It's also on the link I have above.)

I don't think I need Pacifist, the Logic 8 dvd allows you to load only the programs you want. So I did that. I wonder if the one from the internet I downloaded is different from the one on the Logic Dvd. Maybe somehow that is conflicting, but I doubt it.

• Members

I'm on an Intel Core Duo Macbook.

I have the EmagicUSBMIDIDriver.plugin and also the Motu Midi Driver.plugin in my Midi Drivers Folder. That's the only 2 plugins in there. There are NO Korg drivers anywhere that I can find on my Mac (although maybe there is something still lingering). The Korg editor has a seperate folder, which I now deleted - so the Korg MicroX is also deleted from my AudioMidi.

I'm pretty sure I have the latest : Emagic MIDIDriver_170.dmg - I got it from here:

Will the Unitor Control Panel still be worth downloading in this situation? (It's also on the link I have above.)

I don't think I need Pacifist, the Logic 8 dvd allows you to load only the programs you want. So I did that. I wonder if the one from the internet I downloaded is different from the one on the Logic Dvd. Maybe somehow that is conflicting, but I doubt it.

The one on the Logic 8 DVD I installed was version 1.11 (I was previously running the Emagic MIDIDriver_170.dmg from the web - on a PPC Mac.)

I never accessed/deleted/changed the Unitor control panel - all I had to do was put the version of the "EmagicUSBMIDIDriver.plugin" in the "/Library/Audio/Midi Drivers" folder and restart - to get Logic to recognize the AMT8 (I am running 2 of them) on my Intel Based Mac (I am running OSX 10.5.2). I also have a MOTU plugin in that folder (I'm running a MOTU midi interface as well).

That should be all you should have to do- have you tried that?

hmmm.... only thing I can think of that might be lingering would be some errant Plist files.

• Members

I don't know whether the Control Panel will solve your problem, Stiky. In fact I don't even know if it will work on the Intel Macs.

But, it might be worth it just to see if the app recognizes your AMT8. I've always had the best luck getting answers for stuff like this from the Yahoo Logic User group, you might check there.

Sorry I can't help further. I've got 2 AMT8's daisy chained together, and so far, I've managed to keep them working, although they get weird from time to time. I think it's only a matter of time before I'll need to replace them with something more current.

• Members

Update: Got it working. Just in time for my FR XS!!!

Weird thing that was... I basically deleted the MicroX editor/driver and all AMT8 drivers, including the plugin. I think I didn't delete the plugin, so it was still on my machine.

Although the ? still remains how and why my AMT8 went funky, but I think it was caused by the MicroX editor. Mainly it must've been that I didn't download the MicroX USB midi driver. I'm thinking that was the problem, so somehow the AMT8 was messed up since the MicroX had no proper plugin. Now that I have the Korg usb driver, it's good.

Archived