Question for experienced Kaos Pad 3 users.

Darkstorm

• Members

No info in the instruction manual about the peak meter LED and its green. orange, red display. As best can tell, red means overlaod, trim signal back. But hasnt quite figured out how much of time to let it be in orange. From close listening to cd's and radio plugged thru it, & doing kaos stuff with that signal ,Green seems to indicate just has useable signal. And orange means good signal level as long as isnt going red. Is this your findings or do you more find you prefer it to stay mainly to half of time green with just transient peaks & full bore portions causing orange? Is starting to think orange for most of time with just occassional green. and no red as best input level.

Second question is about the FX release level slider. I notice very little diff between max and min on mine for most effects sections I've tried. Is some diff, but not much. Been just keeping it at max as result. Which has worked fine. Is this your findings as well? Or does your KP3 unit give what youd call meduim to large diff from min to max for some effects sections? And which ones for most change? Is no big deal, but the small amount of change seems odd in away.

In case it matters, My KP3 in usieng the out of box, not new downloadable opsystem. Sticker on back indicates was made in Jan 08.

Thanks for your observations about these two things. Is very pleased with the critter.

• Members

I just assume its pretty much like the colouring on most peak meters - i suggest sticking some pink noise through it - read off the level on your computer or whatever at the point it goes red, then crank down the level until it goes green - then you can figure out whats the meter means :)

• Members

another question for you KP users (which i might have asked before, sorry if this is a repeat). while its intended function is a single touch controller, if you happen to touch it in more than one place, does it

a) ignore the second value

b) ignore both values

c) interpolate (read it as somewhere in between the two values)

d) freak out and rapidly jump between the two values

im kinda hoping the answer is d. i remember older powerbooks having this issue, and not thinking much of it, but now it seems like a pretty quick hack towards a dual-touch interface (filter the stream in max into two separate controllers).

• Members

another question for you KP users (which i might have asked before, sorry if this is a repeat). while its intended function is a single touch controller, if you happen to touch it in more than one place, does it

a) ignore the second value

b) ignore both values

c) interpolate (read it as somewhere in between the two values)

d) freak out and rapidly jump between the two values

im kinda hoping the answer is d. i remember older powerbooks having this issue, and not thinking much of it, but now it seems like a pretty quick hack towards a dual-touch interface (filter the stream in max into two separate controllers).

It does C, which actally works really well for loops, delay times etc,

for eg, first touch on 2 beats time, 2nd touch on half beat time a few beats later, and in the middle is 1beat, when you take the first finger off, then you get the 1/2 beats, so makes it really easy to cleanly and accurately transition across timings.

• Members

You can only select one *preset* at a time.

If you look at the manual you will see that many of these presets are actually useful combinations of usually one or two effects. Also there is the release delay effect on some of the presets as well.

Sampling and looping via the sample buttons doesnt count as an effect.

• Members

You can only select one *preset* at a time.

If you look at the manual you will see that many of these presets are actually useful combinations of usually one or two effects. Also there is the release delay effect on some of the presets as well.

Sampling and looping via the sample buttons doesnt count as an effect.

Appreciate the clarification!

I figured you can only select one preset at a time, but I was unable to find the info on how many effects can be assigned to a preset, and in what order.

• Members

kooki> Yes does "C" as in kind of a note bend like effect but not quite. Where first finger is is kind of like the base and where 2nd finger touches acts to stretch toward it but not all the way to. Has experimented with that for both the synth voices and effects to process extrernal signal.

Archived