Need advice re 'Clavinova'......

flori

• Members

My wife would dearly love one for her Birthday.......traditional style/sound - weighted keys etc.

My problem is:are only the Yamaha Clavinovas worth their salt in this department , or do other companies produce similarily 'good' digital pianos of this type?

Anyone any experience of different makes or tips on what might be best?

I am a reasonable classical/jazz pianist myself and have played several Yamahas Clavinovas over the years and been impressed by them....but neither of us has ever actually lived with one!

ANy wisdom greatly appreciated.

flori

• Members

Clavinovas are nice but HORRENDOUSLY overpriced and the dealers that sell them are incredibly unscrupulous in their attempt to take the casual customer and steal their money. You would be better off saving your money and buying a Yamah CP300 or YDP223, something like that.

• Members

My wife would dearly love one for her Birthday.......traditional style/sound - weighted keys etc.

My problem is:are only the Yamaha Clavinovas worth their salt in this department , or do other companies produce similarily 'good' digital pianos of this type?

There are plenty of good digital piannys. But we're talking about women.:thu: If she wants a Clavinova, she wants a Clavinova.:lol:

• Members

Our church Clavinova CP-130, after 5-6 years of use once/twice a week, started to get sticky keys. There must be some better alternative. And their sound is not really that good. I can't say which pianos are better but don't be hesitant to explore this thing a bit further in some good local store nearby.

Unless, your wife really wants Clavinova with a candy box on Clavinova which will make her look like :love:

• Members

As an alternative, check out the Roland HP-series for very high quality digital uprights. The HP207 is the flagship model with the highest quality keys, cabinet, and sampling that Roland has to offer.

• Members

As an alternative, check out the Roland HP-series for very high quality digital uprights. The HP207 is the flagship model with the highest quality keys, cabinet, and sampling that Roland has to offer.

I agree with the Hp207 as a strong alternative.

I tried out several of the higher end Clavs over a year ago. I felt the acoustic piano was lacking compared to the quality of pianos in many of todays digital pianos/workstations

The Hp207 acoustic piano was much better, IMO. It also has a very cool

' piano designer'

I recall the Hp207 had better pricing. its very difficult to ' deal ' on the Clav's . The yamaha stores have a nearly complete lock on holding up

pricing at retail

Archived