CME U5 adapter

nos

• Members

Thanks Birdeinumnum. Doesn't look like I'm getting too much help so far. I can't believe the rear panel doesn't say anything and the manual doesn't either. It's almost like they want their customers to fry their products.

• Members

Well, it says "Polarity:" and then has a diagram. The diagram shows a minus sign on the left and a plus sign on the right, and in between is a circle that is filled in with a black dot. Actually, it's more of a letter "C" than a circle, but the plus and minus signs are enclosed with circles. That's the best this non-technically-minded fellow can tell you. :)

• Members

The dot itself, which is inside the "C", is connected to the positive sign by a horizontal line, moving to the right from the open portion of the "C". The negative sign, which is on the left, has a horizontal line which merely attaches to the back of the "C", not the dot. Hope that helps.

I am an idiot concerning electronics, but I really do have my own areas of expertise. :o

• Members

Thanks for the tip bdub. I think I'll be able to find just an adapter by itself. It's really hard to believe there's no literature or screening on the back of the instrument.

It looks like you've got this figured out...I was just going to mention that I went through the same BS with a UF7 and ended up buying the Yamaha Survival Kit (version "C" I think):

The power supply was perfect.

Bill

Archived