Microkorg spare parts; do they exist?

naisian

• Members

I've broken an A key on my MicroKorg and want to replace it. It's the reverse key colour edition. I appreciate that they're low cost and low build quality synths and it's probably going to be easier to buy a replacement but I don't have the money to replace the whole synth. Any help would be much appreciated and I'm sorry if this has been asked 1000x before; I usually reside in the guitar forums.

• Members

just sent my micro in for repair at korg uk as it had digital noise appear layered on all the sounds. korg said that the outputs needed cleaning and that they had tested it and fixed it and so sent it back to me. it was returned to me yesterday with EXACTLY the same fault. it is an obvious and major fault and i could have told them it was not caused by dirty outputs. theres a fault on the main board for sure.how they havent spotted it i dont know.

at the same time i had a broken key but you have to get the entire keyframe replaced, you cant just get one key.

dean who works on the support line is great though, very helpful and efficient. price for repairs are normally about 80quid inclusive.

mines got to go back tomorrow and i need my micro for my London Jazz Festival gig next friday...:o(:facepalm:

• Members

just sent my micro in for repair at korg uk as it had digital noise appear layered on all the sounds. korg said that the outputs needed cleaning and that they had tested it and fixed it and so sent it back to me. it was returned to me yesterday with EXACTLY the same fault. it is an obvious and major fault and i could have told them it was not caused by dirty outputs. theres a fault on the main board for sure.how they havent spotted it i dont know.

at the same time i had a broken key but you have to get the entire keyframe replaced, you cant just get one key.

dean who works on the support line is great though, very helpful and efficient. price for repairs are normally about 80quid inclusive.

mines got to go back tomorrow and i need my micro for my London Jazz Festival gig next friday...
:o
(
:facepalm:

Interesting, thanks for this. I don't mind getting the whole key frame replaced; I don't even mind if I end up with the normal key colours I'd just like an A key that works!

• 4 months later...
  • Members

thanks, yeah i realize that i cant just get one key,

which actually works out because i have another key thats kinda droopy.

Does anyone know how much it is for them to replace the keyframe?

Or for them to send you a keyframe?

Like has anyone actually done it?

• 6 months later...
  • Members

Dear everyone,

I got korgs number ( 631-390-6800 )

and they gave me the Keyframe model # ( 420006800 )

and the number to their part supplier (1-800-590-0014 )

so call the part supplier ^^ and give them hte model number, i just called, they have keyframes in stock and he said it would be 40 bucks for them to send it to you, and like 6 dollars shipping.

so 46 bucks to make your microkorg great again, sounds fair.

Archived