Roland EV-5 pedal for modulation: problems

KingVidiot

• Members

OK, this one is probably simple, but I had some issues getting the pedal to work consistently with a few pieces of gear. I set the control dial on the pedal's pivot to be in the center (I don't know if it matters except for a volume function). Then I plugged the pedal into my JD-800 ext ctrl jack. Then I enabled the ext ctrl menu item for modulation, not volume. So far so good. If I play a note and move the pedal back, the mod kicks in.

However, when I return the pedal to the top, it doesn't undo the mod effect. It stays on mod until I change my patch and return to the original patch. I don't see any switch on the pedal, and I don't think it's a polarity issue since that would just reverse the effect. Why doesn't it turn off like my mod stick does?

Grrrr. :mad:

• 9 years later...
  • Members
I set the control dial on the pedal's pivot to be in the center (I don't know if it matters except for a volume function):[6/6QUOTE]

Set the control dial completely counter clockwise rather than 'center'. Retry, and the effect should go to zero when the pedal is toe up.

By setting the control to center you've increased the minimum value so that it won't go to zero. With the dial at center the minimum went from 0 to 64. ( Midi is 0 minimum and 127 maximum). At center you've set the minimum to be 64, so the pedal's range is 64 at minimum and 127 at maximum, it will never go to zero. With the dial fully conterclockwise you now set the minimum to 0 and the pedal range is now 0 to 127.

• 1 year later...

Archived