GAS strikes in the oddest of places

• Members

I was having a chat at an internal poster session demo'ing prototypes out of our laboratory a month or so ago with a couple of our internal design people. We were talking about a particular prototype and they were pointing out the various parts like PVC piping and whatnot (and the prototype had nothing to do with plumbing). i said I didn't notice that the part of the thing was made out of PVC pipes cut in half, but they commented that as designers they notice that sort of thing all the time. So the discussion turned to various items that are objects of desire by designers to scrounge for parts. The most amusing one was a certain type of pen that gets scrounged for nothing but its clicker because it makes a good push-button on electronics products design models. I guess those particular pens are impossible to find in the design dept because everyone scrounges them up.

• Members

that is appealing - but for 550, yeah that thing better send my entire studio into hyperspace when i throw a lever. it'd be a convenient way to cover the three parsecs from here to chicago

It looks like you can buy the ceramic insulatey bits new for a lot cheaper than that, they are smaller but if you stacked several together, then you'd just need to cast the base/top and a central rod.

This version might not do the kessel run in less than 20 parsecs, but it could be a lot cheaper.

• Members

It looks like you can buy the ceramic insulatey bits new for a lot cheaper than that, they are smaller but if you stacked several together, then you'd just need to cast the base/top and a central rod.

This version might not do the kessel run in less than 20 parsecs, but it could be a lot cheaper.

The lamp is a bit unusual. You on the other hand are very cool. I always look forward to your posts.

• Members

The lamp is a bit unusual. You on the other hand are very cool. I always look forward to your posts.

+1:thu:

Me Too

Though I suspect it could possibly be because of your avatar, I'm having trouble differentiating

Summer-Glau7.jpg

It feels like Summer is talking to me and I will listen to anything she says!

• Members

I had a crush on you as Angelina Ballerina (well, my avatar had a crush...) but I also quite like you as a loony, clever, unhappy middle-age British woman who is devoted to bizarre angry music. I'm less sure about the lamp.

• Members

lol well i try not to be any more unhappy than i can be but i have a certain amount on my plate... and in a strange way, it's a change to hear someone describe my music as angry, because all people ever used to hear in it was sadness.

This piccy was taken about a week back... a guy on my lava lamp forum has the hots for me, and wanted to see me in my duck jumper (that's a sweater for americans!)

bedroom2030509.jpg

• Members

I think the lamp is cool, not 550 cool though, but still cool. Personally the way I deal with 40 (well, 38) is to run a couple miles every day unless its something like 10F or lower outside.

• 2 months later...

Archived