Yamaha CP73/CP88 Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Really liking the CP73. For the samples but especially for the finger to sound connection, the Nord Electro 5 I used to gig with left me cold in that regard. The keyboard action is just about perfect. I can play organ on it much better than I can play piano on the Nord action- not that the CP73 organs make me want to do that, but I can park my HX3 organ module on the top right. Really like the Wurli EP's, Rhodes are great too. The acoustic pianos make me wish for the 88, but the form factor and somewhat more EP- like action of the 73 will come in handy.

• Members

I bought the CP5 a few years ago, just before it was discontinued. I really liked the wooden keys and the overall piano feel but always found it somewhat bulky.

I'm thinking about the CP73 for the portability and for general use and keeping the CP5 for the times when a full sized piano is required.

I was a Rhodes player in the '70s and found the 73 keys to be workable and the 88 keys to be too much to carry around. From what I understand, the CP73 has a newly designed Yamaha keyboard reminiscent of the Rhodes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
On 7/22/2019 at 2:25 AM, Crazyfoo said:

what what what? Is this a re-issue? Whats going on? Now im off to google wtf you guys are talking about.

I have a CP-80 but its 250 pounds so maybe theres a better way :)

It's the successor to the CP5 -> CP4-> CP73/88

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 8/3/2019 at 7:59 PM, onelife said:

I bought the CP5 a few years ago, just before it was discontinued. I really liked the wooden keys and the overall piano feel but always found it somewhat bulky.

I'm thinking about the CP73 for the portability and for general use and keeping the CP5 for the times when a full sized piano is required.

I was a Rhodes player in the '70s and found the 73 keys to be workable and the 88 keys to be too much to carry around. From what I understand, the CP73 has a newly designed Yamaha keyboard reminiscent of the Rhodes.

I think you would be very happy with the keybed.  I love it, it's fast and responsive. I'm primarily a piano player but it also works better than any other hammer action I've used for playing organ. 

Archived