No announcement yet.

Yamaha CP73/CP88 Thread

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha CP73/CP88 Thread

Anyone tried a Yamaha CP73 or CP88 model? Our local guitar center doesn't have one. I may have to travel to the Buffalo area to demo it.
    "Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

Hi Outkaster, I ordered a 73 (B stock) a couple of days ago. Hoping it will be a good solution for a compact stage piano. I was intrigued by the Wurlitzer and the upright piano samples, also like how there is some room on top to put my organ module. Fingers crossed.

Comment

I just tried one in Buffalo earlier today. It felt great.I wish it had some more sounds though.
      "Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

Comment

Did you play an 88 or 73? Mine is taking forever to get here, my order got overlooked for a few days. But when I contacted the seller he made it up to me by swapping out the B stock I ordered for a brand new unit with the longer warranty, IMO that was decent of him.

Comment

88 notes. I liked the form factor also. I am not a large fan of knobs as they fall off. It's still pretty cold. Why did you go 73 notes?
          Last edited by Outkaster; 07-22-2019, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Because 73 keys fits better on crowded lounge stages.

Comment

what what what? Is this a re-issue? Whats going on? Now im off to google wtf you guys are talking about.
              I have a CP-80 but its 250 pounds so maybe theres a better way
              Originally posted by Daryl Flynn;n32409120
              There is no chance of Trump losing. Deep down you know this.

Daryl Flynn - Dec 3 2018

Comment

The 88 is actually pretty small. It's not as large as my Forte 88.

Comment

Working...
                X