No announcement yet.

Cross-fade Split Possible?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross-fade Split Possible?

Wondering if any keys/synth allow a split where each sound fades out from the split point instead of a hard cutoff?

What i'm trying to accomplish is two sounds equal proportion in the middle, mostly one sound on the lower end and mostly the other on top.Tomorrow I think I might try layering a couple sounds and putting a hi pass on one and a low pass on the other and see what happens...

Comment

If I am understanding your question correctly, you want the sounds to get softer / quieter the further away from the split point you get?

I’m not aware of any synth that can do that... nor can I think of why that would be useful...

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
      - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
      - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
      - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

I was thinking about making a sound for Bonnie Rait's I Can't Make You Love Me. I think a layering of electric and acoustic piano would sound great in the middle but I want the upper fills to be more acoustic and the lower end to be more electric AND I don't want any hard cutoff points where the sound drastically changes.
        Last edited by pdiddy; 06-20-2019, 03:56 PM.

Comment

It depends on how many midi zones you have. For example you could create up to 16 independent zones on a Kurzweil Forte. You could set 8 split points each of the 8 resulting splits have 2 zones and you can adjust the levels of each of the 2 layers independently. This would create the effect you want.

Comment

Nord Stage does crossfades on splits. It can be useful, mostly in case of ‘accidental’ playing across the split, to avoid unpleasant live surprises.

Comment

Working...
            X