Arrangers

• Members

I'm an electronic musician who's considering the potential of bringing my project into a live performance. Of course this entails an investment in some new equipment, because I'd REALLY prefer not to end up just DJing or something like that. I'm also extremely accustomed to using my software synthesizers, so I will nonetheless be including my computer on stage.

So basically I'm searching for a MIDI sequencer and arranger. I figure I'll list my needs and see if anyone can point me in the right direction.

I'm using FL Studio on XP. I use a lot of effects that are central to my sound, and I'm also very accustomed to my current VSTi's, and would prefer to use them live. For this reason, I'm not looking for a synthesizer, or anything like that, but I'm not opposed to it.

All I need is something that will allow me to easily and responsively control several MIDI channels, ideally switching between them quickly, to store and arrange patterns easily, and ideally a lot of controls that I can link to FL Studio controls, but even that I can do without.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Archived