How do you make this sound on VSTs?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you make this sound on VSTs?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bcyPR0sdLUs&t=5
    The synth lead I am trying to make on Dexed or Sytrus.
    I’m using FL Studio so Sytrus, Dexed or GTG FM 4.

I'm not sure which specific sound in that video you're going for... the opening melodic lines are pretty generic sounding synth & synth flute patches; they are using a fair amount of pitch bend wheel (sounds like it's set for a whole note bend) on several of the notes, and the first one has a fairly short envelope and decay / fast attack and release. As far as which of the available VSTi's that you have could come the closest, or could be most easily edited to achieve the sound you want, I really couldn't say - I have never used any of the ones you mentioned. Sorry.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
    - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
    - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
    - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

It sounds like a Jazz Guitar preset on an old synthesizer. Not sure how to reproduce it using those VSTs though.
      Moderator - Vocals and Voiceovers Forum
      Follow me on Twitter and Soundcloud

Comment

I think it’s the DX7 Pedal Steel patch, but it doesn’t work right in Dexed because of the lack of the envelope bug.

Comment

Working...
        X