Where is the best place to buy a Novation Peak Synth?

Miket156

• Members

The MAP is $1399.00, I have done business with Pro Audio in New York and found them to be competitive. I have also done business with Sweetwater, but typically they don't want to come down from MAP, but back up what they sell, have fast, experienced customer service, and service what they sell. I'm not a fan of GC, and would like to hear about your experiences.

Cheers!

Mike T.

• Members

Sweetwater. Never a bad experience, and they go out of their way after the sale, if there’s a problem. I recently bought a Nord Stage3 88 from them, and it had a minor hardware issue out of the box. They overnighted a replacement Stage, no questions asked, and paid for return shipping of the defective board. No hassles at all. Ever.

• Members

Quick Sweetwater story...

I teach keys at the School Of Rock, and have a young student with serious issues which will require extensive medical intervention. She was in need of a 88 key practice board, as music was a wonderful piece of her life, and would be a blessing during recovery, as she would be laid up for some time, without access to a piano. I called my salesman at Sweetwater, explained the situation, asked for a discounted price so that I might be able to buy an inexpensive board for her. He said he would pass my request along the chain of command. A few days later, I get a simple email asking for the little girls address so they could ship her a Korg keyboard. It arrived at her house a couple days later. I will never buy anywhere else.

• Members

Another positive for Sweetwater here. I have had very good service from them over the years. The price is pretty much the same wherever you go MAP is pretty much it unless it is B-Stock or there is a new model coming out. Kraft has there 'bundles' which is good if you need to buy a bunch of accessories. I have gotten some great deals on 'demo' models from Sweetwater! What sets Sweetwater apart is customer service. Their shipping department aren't moron either. Before I learned about Sweetwater, I ordered 2 guitars from Mucisian's Friend both arrived smashed because there was no bubble wrap or even paper padding in the packages! And the second guitar was a replacement for the first one they smashed! After that I got my money back and ordered from Sweetwater. It arrived unharmed and with a little bag of candy. With all the keyboards, PA equipment, computers and guitars I have bought over the years through Sweetwater I have never had an issue that wasn't to my satisfaction. I have had a couple faulty boards but Sweetwater always made it right. Musician's Friend don't know the thousands of dollars in sales their shipping department cost them.

Archived