i'm going to circuit-bend my paper shredder.

suitandtieguy

• Members

I took a Fellows shredder apart and put it back together a couple of times recently. It is all good when you can take it apart to clear a jam, but when a jam causes the cheap little plastic tabs that hold the shredding head in place to break then the only circuit-bending sound that shredder is good for is the "thunk" it makes when it hits the bottom of your garbage can. Well at least it lasted for a few years. Sometimes I just don't get design decisions though.

• Members

Sounds like a good way to fry your modular's inputs or yourself, although being STGGuy I suppose you know better than that. Also, I have heard using exterior modifications to small motor to create modulation tend to result in the quick death of the motor. I like Allerian's idea, but it's probably better to just sample the shredder with various kind of mics (contact and condenser) and then effect and amplify those sounds afterwords so you're not just playing the feedback once you amplify the shredding sounds to acceptable clarity. Although that has its own appeal.

Archived