Kurzweil PC3le - what's the latest?

The Piano Man

• Members

I have been holding off my next purchase for some time now, whilst I wait for the PC3le.

Strongly considering the 76 key SP2 as a light giging board with decent features. However, don't wanna buy that and then be hit with the arrival of the PC3le shortly after. I don't wanna wait forever though

On a side note, the SP line really is great value. I even thought about the SP2xs which has built in speakers and is actually lighter than the SP2x! The build quality must be inferior. In any case, the SP2xs has rca outputs which ruled it out for me.

Anyway, back to the topic in hand: anyone know what the latest is with the PC3le?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

May I ask why you want a PC3LE.....you do realize that it is a workstation,don't you?

The PC3LE 61 key will be the first of 3 to be released and it will retail for around $1,500........the SP2 is only a $1,000 -as it's only a stage piano,so I'm wondering what the debate is about,over a workstation vs. a stage piano?

If it's a workstation that you really want-for the purpose of stage as well as studio,then I would suggest you wait....however though,if you're interested in a 76 key PC3LE,then you will be faced with two problems-one of which,is that you will be paying significantly more and at this point in time,there's no telling when the 76 key version will be available.

If you can live with a 61 note key(semi-weighted),then it will be available in October.

Archived