Picking up a PC2X after work !

augerinn

• Members

OK, no VAST, but I've read the bread and butter sounds on this thing are to die for.

Plus, 4 zones, 88 keys, etc etc

$500.00 friggin bux ! I don't really have the money, but I couldn't pass it up.

Anyone want a Alesis QS+Piano with Vintage Synth expansion, cheap ??? Will prolly unload the Proteus 2000 I just bought too, and maybe one of my Junos.....

• Members

That's a
great
price.

Since you'll be saving so much money, do yourself a favor and spend a little more for the "Classic Keys" expansion ROM (if yours doesn't already have it.)

:thu:

+1 Classic Keys is built-in on my PC1se and it's some of my favorite sounds for sure. I just love this board.

• Members

Nice! just change the 2 in a 3 now :D

Just kidding, the PC2x is great. I had a PC2r before I got the PC3x and it sounded really great. It's awesome for bread and butter sounds, though the original rhodes presets aren't that good.. I recommend downloading the "kurzdaddy" EP sounds which are somewhere on Kurweil's site. Those are new programms using the basic waverom, programmed by Dave Weiser. Also, both expansion boards kick ass! I really recommend you get both.

• Members

Hey augerinn: consider getting the ribbon controller for your pc2x. Kurzweil re-released it and you can get one for about $50 (USD). They're a ton of fun, and really add a lot to the instrument. Great for controlling other instruments too.

You can also use one on the pc1se.

• Members

Hmmm, expansion cards, ribbon controller.......

It's one of the early ones, so it doesn't have the Orc ROM like later ones did. That, or the guy took it out. I told myself I'd back out if it didn't have the expansion card, but I'm powerless over GAS.

I only got to play with it maybe 30 minutes last night, but DAMM. Without a doubt, the most professional feeling and sounding keyboard I've ever owned. (Well, maybe tied withthe Nord Electro II 73).

And, it is soooooooo accessible and intuitive. Everything is layed out logically and easy to understand.

And they keybed ? To die for. I know this is highly subjective, but to my fingers it feels just right. Not quite as heavy as my Clavinova, but still nice and piano like.

Without a doubt my favorite go to for now.

Archived