changing presets in keyboard rig

flying rabbit

• Members

This problem seems difficult to solve. I have 4 keyboards ( Two Nord lead 2 1 Nord G2X and one Korg Ms200) I want to change the preset (sound) in each one of them at the same time with a MIDI exchange footswitch ,but still being able to use all keyboards separetly, in other words not wanting the synth sounds to merge, just change preset.

I have an idea that this would work if the exchange is connected to each one of the keyboards ( but not serial connection)

Been in touch with a lot of people but nobody seem to know - in particular if it is possible with the Nord synths.

Any ideas?

• Members

Hook up something like this

http://www.midisolutions.com/prodqth.htm

to your foot controller that sends program changes. Don't series your MIDI cables between each keyboard but hook each to an "out" on this box. That will isolate the keyboards from each other.

Some foot controllers allow you to send separate program changes on different MIDI channels which would mean that you would have to set each keyboard to receive on different channels if you want them to behave like this.

• Members

That sounds quite straight on. If all these sounds then goes to midi in on the keyboards is it then ok to use midi merge if the input is allready occupied by connection with another keyboard or midi conroller?

You mean that I program the foot controller to a preset f.ex 15 that will tell the keyboards to four particular patches and if I go to 16 four new ones and if I press down to 15 the first four patches will be remembered Just to make sure?

Is if for sure that all the KB in my rig would accept that kind of information ?

Archived