OT: Holy Crap its my anniversary!

xanderbeanz

• Members

i know...its crazy...me and my girlfriend have actually been going out one year...our relationship has actually survived, despite my asperger's and synth/music obsessions, my previous most long relationship was under 6 months so i'm pretty chuffed.

gonna go out for a nice meal tonight, and then get totally trashed on cocktails m/ x

• Members

I was always under the impression that xb just likes to dress in drag. I'll feel like a dick if I'm wrong though.

At any rate, congratulations! Relationships are hard, and kind of a pain in the ass. But I just turn into one great big ball of selfish curmudgeonliness if'n I don't have a woman to keep me honest.

• Members

According to the myspace site, Xander is a "crossdressing autistic".

Is it austism or asperger's ?

Anyway....congrats.

Asperger syndrome is classified as a type of autism - but some "neurodiversity" groups advocate a reclassification or de-classifying it as a disorderaltogether, the general argument being that AS is just one end of the socio-cognitive spectrum.

Homosexuality was once also a disorder in the DSM, and that is often brought up as evidence in demonstrating social bias in determining what is a disorder and what is within acceptable boundaries of normal human behavior.

Obviously it's all very political, and as with any syndrome the definition can be quite nebulous especially with mental/cognitive disorders since the symptoms are often nothing more than sets of behaviors and a syndrome is entirely defined by its symptoms/characteristics without a clear cause necessary for classification.

• Members

being that my offspring would likely be both ginger (my gf is a redhead) AND on the autism spectrum (as it's most likely genetic) and therefore would be beaten the {censored} out of in any school, it would be unfair for me to unleash a child upon the world.

it'd be a damn good lookin kid tho i tells ya :cool:

Archived