so how about dem DW8000z???

xanderbeanz

• Members

so i've had my DW8000 for about 3 weeks now (yet had very little time to play it what with work and all!) and after learning it inside out and experimenting with it i must say it's a strange beast, it does moogy, analogue stuff really really well (though of course you can only use mono mode with unison on, so no 1osc 303 type stuff) the filter is amazing! it also does dark digital stuff really well too, although it can't get as aggressive and distorted as an FM synth, it sounds firm and strong. the envelopes, lfo and built in delay are alot of fun, all in all i'm very happy i own this synth...

and now, onto the patches i've been making over the last few weeks, here's a demo mp3 of them, enjoy!!:

http://kiwi6.com/file?id=nrzvokzl

if anyone can recommend a better way of hosting mp3s (streaming perhaps?) then let me know ^.^

oh yeah, no external effects at all on the recording :)

• Members

i'm really loving the insanely long attack time you can get off it, which is great for pads.did any one notice the insane melotron-like string patch i got out of it? that was a 3am in the morning patch, no idea what i did to get that sound! probably weird resonance cross modulation...unfortunately its monophonic, but i might multisample it into my fusion.

i have a kawai k1 turning up over the weekend so that ones gonna be my next demo ^.^

• Members

most of the time i wear sneakers so the argument is invalid XD

so i just ordered the midi quest xl software editor for the pc as its both dw8000 and k1 compatible, thats gonna be great for making patches, i imagine i'll work out how to dump these patches i've made and share them at some point in the coming weeks.

• Members

I think it's preset 22 in the original ROM, it's the preset on my EX8000 that comes closer to it. But I think there's actually a bit of tweakage involved as it doesn't sound right compared to the leads in Images and Words...

Of course I could be wrong, as I didn't re-install the factory presets, so mine's the one that might be tweaked. Well, if it was, it's totally different now, as now I've got tons of different versions of that lead and none sound like the original did.

Archived