kit for building a simple midi keyboard controller?

dinnerpianist

• Members

Either a kit or a builder who can build a very simple controller at a modest cost ($100) The design would be very easy- a fixed midi range/ one channel, no mod or pitch, no octave shift, no transpose, no memory no aftertouch, no splits etc. Right now I'm having to use the small two octave controllers on closeout but they aren't suited for what I have in mind. 2 1/2 octaves from Low D to A middle C is what I would configure if a kit had flexibility. Don't ask why- it is a proprietary venture.

• Members

What I want is so primitive that I was hoping a basic kit in the hobbyist electronics field was still availble to fiddle with. Paia had a small keyboard kit decades ago. I don't think it had initial velocity and that would be needed but no plits, afertouch. Just a simple note on- note off, not even a sustain jack. Everything would be handled with a foot operated midi control station type setup. Thanks anyway for your comment.

• Members

That's an OK interim solution for my needs but Fatar stopped making them. I need about forty. It's an underwritten arts project where I am the "artist in residence" (artist of irrelevance?)

Yes indeed, Korg has underwritten the next decade of company research from the success of their nano line. Thanks for your input.

Archived