The BEST sound EVER!!!!

kilon

• Members

Ok ladies .... time for you to share your favorite sound.

So Lets hear it, what sound moves you and turns you upside down ?

This is mine

You can hear it in 6:00 - 6:30 , 8:00 - 8:30. Before 8:00 you can even listen to CHROMA... great synth!!!

[YOUTUBE]TM4RwUgagyE[/YOUTUBE]

and yes this is Monica from friend her boyfriend is Tom Paris from Star Trek Voyager. and yes I love He-Man and this movie.

Of course I have heard some electronic songs before this , but this actually the sound that pulled me in sound synthesis.

• Members

Very impressive to me as an 8-year-old watching this in the cinema!

how cant it be , one of the best sci-fis and I love the melody. Its must be the most easily identified melody in the world. And that says alot about the popularity of the movie.

• Members

that's masters of the universe? i never saw that... how tragically 80's.. let me guess... some interdimensional travel plot device brings an everyman character to the mystical land of loin cloths either by accident, or because they hold the secret key to restoring peace, or they are some forgotten love child that will regain the throne and restore peace yaddah yaddah. i love the "were so advanced and unlike these barbarians" talk. so 80's. retch.

• Members

that's masters of the universe? i never saw that... how tragically 80's.. let me guess... some interdimensional travel plot device brings an everyman character to the mystical land of loin cloths either by accident, or because they hold the secret key to restoring peace, or they are some forgotten love child that will regain the throne and restore peace yaddah yaddah. i love the "were so advanced and unlike these barbarians" talk. so 80's. retch.

nope you are wrong... it is the other way round...

and that is exactly what the movie want to be, "self sarcastic" , laughs on the face of people who want to take it seriously , and highly rewards people who dont want to be intelligently challenged and see a movie as it should be, pure entertainment and nostalgia of the childhood years.

For that reason alone , I gave it a rating of 10/10 !!!!

bring back the 80s god damnit!!!

• Members

no, you're wrong
:mad:
that actually did come out during my childhood
:lol:
or shortly afterwords.
:lol:
kidding.. kidding. that sounds about par for the course of the sentiment of the time period though.

"nope you are wrong" statement, was an effort of me to be funny.I am not a funny but I do try and always fail, must be a DNA thing. I think you hit the nail in the head, this exactly what the movie is about and thats why I love it.

• Members

and yes this is Monica from friend her boyfriend is Tom Paris from Star Trek Voyager. and yes I love He-Man and this movie.

Of course I have heard some electronic songs before this , but this actually the sound that pulled me in sound synthesis.

Man I loved that movie!! Thanks for the post I hadn't thought about it in a while.

I remember when my heart first skipped a beat when I heard an electronic sound:

ExftoivJ_EU

• Members

The first few chords of "The Rain Song" from Led Zeppelin's "Houses Of The Holy". No matter what mood I am in, that sound totally arrests it and makes me bliss out like good Lithium is said to do. But especially if I am down or feeling melancholy it soothes my edges like nothing else I have ever heard.

Aside from man-made artifice, I agree with EP - thunder in the distance and a light rain nearby just puts me right in a hammock in the center of the universe.

YMMV

• Members

Wind blowing through a forest in summer. The sounds of the sea, waves breaking on a beach. A stream flowing. Rain on the roof ( at night!)

A beautiful womans' voice either singing or speaking. ( A woman with a beautiful voice)

Many birds singing :Eg: Blackbird, Thrush. The sound of an Eagle or other bird- of -prey screaming. Sea birds calling, particularly Oystercatchers or Curlews. The delicate twitter of Swallows as they swoop & dive majestically.. ( the sound of summer) A Skylark suspended high above a wild open place on a lazy hot summers day.. ( reminds me of being a child) An Owl hooting.

The bark of a Wurlitzer Electric piano. A Jupiter 8 sustaining saw or pulse osc sound aliasing. Prophet 5 PWM. Prophet 5 Polymod sounds. Prophet 5 FM sounds.A Fender Telecaster Through a Fender Tweed or Twin Amp. A Fender Precision bass . A cello.

A Yamaha CS80. A VCS3. A nicely overdriven Leslied Hammond.

Many cathedral pipe organs. A flute. A breathy baritone sax.

A clavinet playing funk or one-drops..

• Members

Actually it's not nearly that cool. THey couldn't afford the sets for the alternate universe, so instead, the inter dimensional device brings the loin cloth characters to the 80's where they run around blowing up music shops and shooting lighting at each other in the streets.

• Members

I like the sound of my 1.5 year old, laughing his head off......

You can't help but join in.

lol , I know exactly how you feel.

I remember one time the son of girlfriend's sister. His father screamed to him while he was singing (the son) a tune played on TV , cause he was singing too loud.

Hahaha

What the son did later was hilarious. He was sing and dancing and crying at the same time. The utter confusion. I was shocked and then burst into laughter... lol

children are just crazy....

Archived