Hammond M103 - loos of volume after adding a leslie

mikey383

• Members

I bought a Leslie 125 yesterday that came with an old Lowrey organ. I pulled the 26-1 Leslie hookup kit out of the Lowrey and installed it into my Hammond...I ended up cutting off the Lowrey adapter and using that connector to wire into my console. After I had the speakers hooked up, I flipped the run switch to meter out a spot for the AC. I found one and hooked the wires up. When I fired the organ up, the volume was extremely low, no matter where the pedal was at. Flipping the volume soft tab made it worse. Everything still works as it should, but the volume isn't anywhere near the level it was before. So I unhooked the Leslie and put everything back to stock. The problem still persisted. I pulled tubes, swapped tubes, nothing made it any better. The only tubes I didn't have spares for are the 6V6s, and I put a pair of 6L6s in there to see if one of the 6V's went bad. They worked, but the volume didn't change at all.

So now I have everything hooked back up again, and still have no volume on the organ. The pedals are barely audible.

Anyone have any clues as to what the issue may be?

Archived