VST integrated in Hardware Keyboard Workstation?

Gaul

• Members

By now, there are Hardware synthesizers that can be integrated as VST. But how about vice versa? For example, having some keyboard workstation with integrated sequencer, and using, for example, all those gorgeous Arturia Analog Factory VST samples in Sequencer mode of that hardware Synthesizer/Rompler/Keyboard, whatever. Does any hardware keyboard system like that exist and if not, why not?

• Members

open labs neko/miko is a workstation (well basically a pc with a musical keyboard) that can load up vst's and layer them etc...receptor is similar but it's a rackmount unit.

for a cheaper option, i just multisample (ie record lots of notes off) my vsts into my alesis fusion and then save them as a patch so i can play them live x

• Members

BTW, I was pretty rocked by that OPX V-Machine demo, but $599 for the V-machine is still a bit over my sweet spot.

I actually bought it(Op-X) . I also own FM-8, Pro-53, Absynth, and the Classic Keys Bundle. I currently have an old dual CPU 1U rack mount server running XP and a WaMi Rack for my I/O.

Not the optimal soluition, however. It's big (36" deep), it's LOUD (dual CPU fans plus case fans), Ihave to use an A-B switch to share the monitor and keyboard with my sequencing PC (rack mount), etc etc etc....

I just can't justify over 1K for a MUSE, as much as I want one. The V-machine looks promising, but underpowered.

Archived