I'm trying to use a M-Audio Trigger Finger to control an Alesis Quadreverb...

BEAD

• Members

...and I don't know what I'm doing.

Is anybody here familiar with the two of these?

The Quadreverb has a mod function where I can select a Mod Source (My choices include Controller 001, Controller 002, etc. and then I can select a parameter to have be effected like reverb decay or whatever.

I just got the M-Audio device from my drummer, and downloaded the "Enigma" software, which at this point seems to me to be very aptly named. I imagine setting the channel for slider #1 to "01" and then uploading that user bank into the Trigger Finger would lead to a result where I could control the reverb decay, but that doesn't seem to be working.

When I twist knobs on the Trigger Finger it just tells me to what degree I've twisted it on a scale of 1-127, but then nothing is audibly effected.

Up until now I had just been using the Quadreverb without it's midi functions, this is the first time I've attempted to use midi anything... and so far not much has happened.

Feel free to ask me questions... I imagine I've left out a detail or two. :idea:

• Members

I haven't used a Quadraverb in quite a few years. I'm just posting to tell you that what you're trying to do is possible. Just make sure that the Quad is set to receive what you're sending - same CC #, same midi channel, and so on.

Don't remember the details - just that it works.

• Members

I haven't used a Quadraverb in quite a few years. I'm just posting to tell you that what you're trying to do is possible. Just make sure that the Quad is set to receive what you're sending - same CC #, same midi channel, and so on.

Don't remember the details - just that it works.

That's really encouraging!

The settings on the quadreverb seem pretty straightforward... I guess I've just got to keep trying!

Archived