Damn, I got a broken MnM mk1.....

Sinner6

• Members

I have recently purchased a used MonoMachine MkI. Unfortunately, I suspect it may be faulty, though it is in perfect physical condition.

Here is what's happened:

The unit came with firmware 1.10c, and using C6 and a TM-1, I updated to OS 1.21c. This caused the machine to lock up immediately after the boot animation, all LED's lit, but only the bottom 8 rows of the display would show pixels, rest of the screen is blank. Suspecting corrupted data I flashed again, using a different MIDI interface (EMU 1616) and MIDI-OX. No Success.

So, I put 1.10c back on the unit. This works in the sense that it will mostly boot up OK, but many times the thing simply will not produce sound, other times only half the voices sound. In these cases, it is always Tracks 1-3 that do not work. Other times, I get terrible digital distortion. When the machine does boot OK, it will work perfectly for a few hours, but eventually will lock up, the arpeggiator will stop working, or some malfunction will cause reboot. I may have to boot many times before it will boot into a fully functional state again. Obviously, this won't work in a live show.

Guess it's time to contact Elektron...

Just had to vent.

Archived