Which makes more sense....

• Members

Back in the 80s-90s. I switched from guitar to synth, having gone from piano to guitar a decade earlier.

the few synth I never had were a roland d50 and any high end korg

had d70, sy99, t1 but there are always those th a t felt got away

found a korg 0/1w fd. Really cheap yesterday and went home and looked at roland d-05

now I have . Pcs to beat the band and even an s550 I forgot about, along w lots of vsts

which would be a better investment, the used korg or a new d-05?

I have jv90 for keys if needed

just to m make/ record around t he house

j

​​​

I think it comes down to what the price on the Korg is and how much you like the 01/w sounds vs. the D-50 type sounds.

Not only is the D-05 compatible with the D-50 patch-wise, there's also the fact that the D-05 is very compact, so if space is tight in your home studio, it's not going to take up much room. Some people hate the 1/8" jacks, but I haven't had any problems with my TR-03 or JX-03 Roland Boutiques. Oh, and the D-05 is new, so it has a warranty - you'd need to check out the Korg very carefully to make sure everything works, and if it breaks, you're on your own...

Of the two, I think I'd personally opt for the D-05. YMMV

By the way - welcome to Harmony Central! :wave:

• Members

Phil

thanks for the thoughts, I just always flash a pushback to college anytime I see gear I wanted but co u lent afford.

next time I see a d70its mine

same w a t1

btw I'm not brand new, just hanging out in guitars, and then forgot all my login info. :(

j

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Having owned both a O1W/FD and a D50 back in the ;ate 80's / early 90's, I would take the Korg over the Roland simply because of how much more versatile the O1W is.

With that said, both are super cheap these days so maybe you can figure out a way to get both!

Archived