Home Monitors

jdon

• Members

Hi, I'm trying to set up a home studio and I was wondering what the best setup is for my situation. I have a mic and guitar (going through an amp modeler/effects processor) plugged in to a mixer, plus two keyboards plugged in to the same mixer, then out to powered monitors. I'm currently in a weird situation where some of my equipment will get offloaded to a second site so I'm going to replace a lot of it.

Is this the preferred setup? And what would you say are some decently high end monitors for this sort of setup? The hardest thing to reproduce for me has always been the piano sound of the keyboard, which always seems to sound somewhat better in high end headphones (maybe this is unavoidable but still the closer the better). Is something lime an Aspen Pittman spacestation better than something like a pair of Yamaha HS8s with a subwoofer, or are there even better monitors out there? Also, how much does the quality of the mixer affect the ending sound quality? I'm new to this side of music and the reviews are pretty hard to decipher to me

looking forward to hearing about it!

Archived