Kurzweil Midiboard

pogo97

• Members

I've had a Midiboard for at least ten years but it's actually from the 80s. It's been almost completely dependable and, so long as I don't try to lift it, it's a pretty great board. It could use a little TLC, but it has some very nice controls and, coolest, polyphonic aftertouch. It's my desk, with benefits. Anybody else use a relatively ancient piece of kit in a central way?

90524b404e52f3e34cec1200e6887816.thumb.jpg.216b500c39ab9d1ff5cbe6a219ed1730.jpg

• Members

Gan's fine. Real busy right now. Low cost of living. Lots of work if you hustle (sadly, I don't -- shy creature of the woods). Glad you're still using the stand. You were going up north for a posting at the time, weren't you?

• Members

Indeed it is. And now we're getting a music store -- Centre Stage Music's building was condemned and they've move here. Right next door to the Heather Haynes Gallery. I lived in the Yukon at mile 15 of the Dempster Highway for a year many years ago. You know George McConkey?

• Members

Harmonica George, I've seen him play! Lived in Dawson for a while running the mining inspection office, now im in Whitehorse where I work as a commercial vehicle inspector. We are having an awesome summer, in the high 20's, and loving it :) Thats good news about Centre Stage, John and the crew will be much happier there, lke those guys a lot. Worked for them demo-ing keys when I was going to college back in the 80's.

• Members

I loved the combination of MIDIBoard and K150, but the K150 was limited for imitative sounds unless it was in the marimba family.

My main weighted controller is the Triton Classic Pro X with all the bells and whistles. I planned to trade it off countless times, but shipping is basically impossible, and it still works like new. I did replace the floppy with a USB stick reader.

Archived