Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone help me identify the name of this synth?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone help me identify the name of this synth?

Hi! Can someone please help me identify the name of the synth that starts playing around 1:36 in this youtube video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXcFYnHSG08
    Thank you in advance!

I'm pretty sure the arpeggiated parts that start at around 1:36 are being played on guitars, not keyboards.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
    - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
    - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
    - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

I think he might mean the soft / Hohner Pianet style / FM e. piano decaying sound that's playing more prominently on the left channel (yes, the ones prominent on the right channel are definitely guitars with tremolo fx) - If that's what you mean, you can get that type of simple electric piano sound from a myriad of synths / keyboards... anything with an osc and filter, so, unless you ask the guy/gal who played that part, it's very tough to make a guess. If you have even the simplest synth, with a filter and filter envelope, you can get that simple sound in no time...
      SynthMania.com
      SynthManiaYouTube

Comment

Working...
      X