A new Stylophone for a new generation?

Some of you might remember the original Stylophone stylus-based electronic "keyboard" from the late 1960s...

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"gen-x-1-3967-1200-5e764424.jpg","data-attachmentid":32257709}[/ATTACH]

Well now there's a new and much more powerful Stylophone out - check out my full review of the Stylophone GEN X-1 right here.

And as always, if you have any questions or comments about either the Stylophone GEN X-1 analog synth or the review itself, feel free to post them here.

• Members
I guess I don't get it' date=' with iPads, software synths and mini usb keyboards why would anyone be interested in this?[/quote']

It costs well under $100 and doesn't require a computer to function. No menus to scroll through, no keystroke sequences to memorize.

Pretty cool, Phil! I have two of the Korg Minitron ribbon synths (a Duo and a Delay) , they are sort of a modern take on the original stylophone, but this new one has a lot more features and more potential to be used for playing musical sounds and not just bleeps and bloops.

• Members

It costs well under $100 and doesn't require a computer to function. No menus to scroll through, no keystroke sequences to memorize.

I get that I suppose but I've long had, and been engrossed in, Reason and all the other modern hardware/software stuff out there, big and small, plus I pretty much take a MBP or at least an iPad just about anywhere I go. But in all honesty my time for playing with music gear is currently so limited that if I wasn't still in the band it would basically cease to exist so honestly for me, this would just be another of many items that sits on a shelf suffering from neglect.

Archived