How to stop your pedals from sliding away from you...

And it can be done inexpensively too. How? Check out my review of the T.P. Dodd Pedal-Lock for the details.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"keyboard-stand-and-pedal-plus-uninstalled-pedal-lock-pieces-63472119.jpg","data-attachmentid":32257700}[/ATTACH]

If you have any questions or comments about either Pedal-Lock or the review, feel free to post them here. :wave:

• Members

It's a simple idea, but it works great and solves a really common and frustrating problem. Hope she likes it!

It'll be just the thing for her and our "jam session" keyboard. My live keyboard rig is a bit more complicated with three pedals mounted into a wooden pedal board that I built. The same problem exists with it though and I've tried a couple different things. I have a clamp that I attached to the end of the keyboard stand which keeps the right side from ever sliding forward so that was kind of a partial solution but lately I just set my guitar amp in from of the pedal board since I always have that there as well and it's hard to beat that solution.

• Members

Old trick is to dab some rubber cement on the pedals feet then let it dry. That pedal ain't going nowhere after that, doesn't matter if its a hard floor or rug, the rubber grips everything. It can be peeled off to restore things to new too.

• Members

I have a black plastic container trunk I carry spare cables and things in it weighs about 35lbs. Place it on the floor in front of my keys. It has the band name and logo on it, so it looks like it belongs. Plus it hides the cables. No pedal gets past it. A mic stand with leg and zip tie works too.

• Members

One of my Yoga teachers cut some 'sticky' mats up to use the smaller pieces to aid certian poses. I had my piano at a Yoga retreat and needed to stop the pedal from sliding on the hardwood floor so I used one of the pieces. It worked so well that I now carry a couple of pieces of Yoga mat in my piano case.

Archived