My monosynth decision just became even more complicated...

I've been thinking about a Moog Mother 32 for quite a while, as well as the Behringer D and the Roland SE-02... but now I just learned about the upcoming Malekko Manther. Have you folks heard about this beast? It certainly looks extremely interesting to me...

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"malekko-manther-front.jpg","data-attachmentid":32187456}[/ATTACH]

https://malekkoheavyindustry.com/product/manther/

Decisions, decisions! :lol:

• Members

Hi, Phil, I've seen the Malekko Manther and it certainly looks and sounds really good as the Moog and the Roland do. For the rapport quality-price, I myself recently ordered a Behringer Model D and look forward to receiving it. You may also want to take a look at the new Pittsburgh MicroVolt 3900, the Arturia MiniBrute 2S, and the Plankton Electronic Ants! semi-modular, but yeah, there are several more out there on the market, so it's definitely decisions, decisions! smiley-wink

Hi' date=' Phil, I've seen the Malekko Manther and it certainly looks and sounds really good as the Moog and the Roland do. For the rapport quality-price, I myself recently ordered a Behringer Model D and look forward to receiving it. You may also want to take a look at the new Pittsburgh MicroVolt 3900, the Arturia MiniBrute 2S, and the Plankton Electronic Ants! semi-modular, but yeah, there are several more out there on the market, so it's definitely decisions, decisions! smiley-wink[/quote']

Yeah, the new 'brutes have also been tempting me too. I hadn't heard about the Plankton - I'll have to check that one out. I forgot about the MicroVolt too - like I said, there's a lot of new synths out there!

I don't want to complain too much though - having lots of cool synths available on the market is definitely a good thing IMO, even if it does make deciding on just one of them harder! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

The Manther only has one VCO so you can't do all the hard sync stuff. Only one LFO. Based on the manual it looks like it's routed to the pulse width (you need to use a patch cable to hook it to the VCA or the VCF)

Looks pretty cool though. Having outputs for the three waves separately is neat.

Being able to pick the wave form of the "sub" oscillator is cool.

Having a delay sync'd to the sequencer is cool.

Given they're about the same price I'd probably take the Mother 32. But you could probably do some really nifty things with the two connected.

Archived