Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

My monosynth decision just became even more complicated...

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My monosynth decision just became even more complicated...

I've been thinking about a Moog Mother 32 for quite a while, as well as the Behringer D and the Roland SE-02... but now I just learned about the upcoming Malekko Manther. Have you folks heard about this beast? It certainly looks extremely interesting to me...

Click image for larger version

Name:	malekko-manther-front.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	32187456

https://malekkoheavyindustry.com/product/manther/

Decisions, decisions!

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
    - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
    - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
    - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Hi, Phil, I've seen the Malekko Manther and it certainly looks and sounds really good as the Moog and the Roland do. For the rapport quality-price, I myself recently ordered a Behringer Model D and look forward to receiving it. You may also want to take a look at the new Pittsburgh MicroVolt 3900, the Arturia MiniBrute 2S, and the Plankton Electronic Ants! semi-modular, but yeah, there are several more out there on the market, so it's definitely decisions, decisions!
    SynthMania.com
    SynthManiaYouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Paolo Di Nicolantonio View Post
      Hi, Phil, I've seen the Malekko Manther and it certainly looks and sounds really good as the Moog and the Roland do. For the rapport quality-price, I myself recently ordered a Behringer Model D and look forward to receiving it. You may also want to take a look at the new Pittsburgh MicroVolt 3900, the Arturia MiniBrute 2S, and the Plankton Electronic Ants! semi-modular, but yeah, there are several more out there on the market, so it's definitely decisions, decisions!
      Yeah, the new 'brutes have also been tempting me too. I hadn't heard about the Plankton - I'll have to check that one out. I forgot about the MicroVolt too - like I said, there's a lot of new synths out there!

I don't want to complain too much though - having lots of cool synths available on the market is definitely a good thing IMO, even if it does make deciding on just one of them harder!

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
      - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
      - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
      - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Just in case your decision wasnt complicated enough

http://www.factmag.com/2018/05/02/ik...nth-announced/
        Vocal Gear: Audix OM3xb, Boss VE-20 | Synth Gear: iPad running OnSong Korg iM1, Poison-202, Korg iMonoPoly, FM Player, Moog Model D, DM1 | Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Roland AX7 via Yamaha MD-BT01 Bluetooth

Comment

Last edited by MikeyParent; 05-02-2018, 11:18 AM.
          Vocal Gear: Audix OM3xb, Boss VE-20 | Synth Gear: iPad running OnSong Korg iM1, Poison-202, Korg iMonoPoly, FM Player, Moog Model D, DM1 | Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Roland AX7 via Yamaha MD-BT01 Bluetooth

Comment

The Manther only has one VCO so you can't do all the hard sync stuff. Only one LFO. Based on the manual it looks like it's routed to the pulse width (you need to use a patch cable to hook it to the VCA or the VCF)

Looks pretty cool though. Having outputs for the three waves separately is neat.

Being able to pick the wave form of the "sub" oscillator is cool.

Having a delay sync'd to the sequencer is cool.

Given they're about the same price I'd probably take the Mother 32. But you could probably do some really nifty things with the two connected.

Comment

Working...
            X