best workstation for a little accompaniment/looking at kronos and montage

jdon

• Members

Hi, I'm looking to replace my old roland A-90 with a new 88 key weighted workstation. I've checked out a bunch and I've limited it down to a Yamaha Montage or a Korg Kronos (though I've never had the opportunity to try out the Kurzweill)

I mainly just play regularly, but every now and then I like to screw around with some sort of auto-accompaniment where I can be lazy with my left hand and just solo over it with my right, or at least have a beat or two to play over. Its not the primary factor, but it seems nice to have. So some sort of arpeggiator would be nice, I don't think I need a full out sequencer but really I've never done anything with those sorts of things in the past (I've never used a DAW even, though I might start). I've seen websites that describe how to program a montage arpeggiator but befroe that I thought it didn't have one

How would you rate the two workstations for that sort of thing? And are there other options like just getting an extra drum box or whatnot too. thx! I realize that I'm pretty new at this

• 2 weeks later...

Archived