In search of non working prophet 5 for sale

synth80s

• Members

Well I am now graduating school and have been looking for a non working p5 as a present to myself after surviving 4 years in computer science. I am relatively confident I can restore it to working order, but the unit must be complete. I really want a rev2 but given the rarity and less robust design than the rev3, I would be happy with a rev 3.2 and up. Any info or advice on where I can find one for a reasonable price would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ron

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Check the HC classifieds and keep an eye on Craigslist, Ebay and Reverb. That's your best bet... any of the synth resellers that I am aware of would be more likely to do a refurbishment on a non-working synth than to sell it as-is.

Thanks for responding Phil. Im curious what are the HC classifieds? I've been checking everywhere else with still no luck. Was hoping someone maybe knew someone with one lying around. I agree most techs would want to get them working but maybe one would be friendly enough to let a non working one go to a good home.

Thanks for the help,

Ron

• Members
Here's a link to the HC Classifieds Ron. Again, don't forget to regularly check with Craigslist, Ebay and Reverb too - you may have to watch all of them for a while until one shows up...

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/forum/Classifieds

Thanks Phil, just checked it out. I've been constantly watching CL and ebay along with Reverb for sometime now with no luck. I guess it just takes more patience than I have lol.

Thanks again,

Ron

Archived