Any quick and easy way to "shutter" a single shot of sample ?

cowby

• Members

Hi,

If I have a 4 bar long drum loop (wav sample) and I want to "shutter" the kicks like "BT" style. Is there any editor or tool can do it ?

Edited : Hope the answer can apply to single shot of sample

Regards!

Cowby

• Members

Hi Cowby,

Just about any audio editing software can do this, but you need to be more specific in terms of application. Are you trying to stutter the kick live? Are you trying to separate the kick from the rest of the loop and have it stutter while the rest of the loop continues to play? Are you trying to do the effect in real time? Give some more info, and I'll tell you how to do it.

For what it's worth, BT has said in several interviews that he manually adjusts each granular element, one at a time, in Pro Tools.

• Members

if you're using a hardware sampler, most have a "Roll" or "Note Repeat" feature for what you're looking for-- hold Roll and press the sample bank that the one-shot is in and it'll do your BT shutter/strobe effect. MPCs, drum machines, etc, will have this, and of course software like mixmeister or ableton will let you loop the one-shot with some copy+paste.

Archived