New Rhodes Sounds for the Yamaha Motif?

Big_J

• Members

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone got a chance to review the new Neo-Soul Rhodes Sounds and Samples by GospelMusicians.com? I've been looking for new inspiration and it seems as the Motif has not changed it's Rhodes sounds since the Classic.

Here are some Demos: http://store.gospelmusicians.com/Neo-Soul_Rhodes/

Does anyone have this one: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=3E635F23723D3062

They sound pretty good! I'm thinking about getting them!

• Members

I listened to his demos on UTube and its more benefical to listen to him play the new sounds rather than the canned demos. Some very interesting sounds, and they do sound great. If the Rhodes sounds on the Motif are the same samples from the classic, he should have a market for his samples. VERY nice variety of sounds that he put together. He compared one of his fat sounding patches to the Vintage 74 factory Rhodes sound and as he showed, his samples do sound fatter. I liked his Dyno Rhodes sound, he also demoed a Rhodes sample with more noticeable Tine sounds, as well as a "Reverse" Rhodes which is really neat!

I might be interested in getting them but $79 bucks is a bit high when you compare that to sound of the Libraries on Motifator. The Vintage Keys library is 34.95. He should lower is price to $45 bucks and he should get some buyers. At that price, I might spring for them. At $79, no sale. Things are tough and money's tight.

Cheers,

Mike T.

• Members

I might be interested in getting them but $79 bucks is a bit high when you compare that to sound of the Libraries on Motifator. The Vintage Keys library is 34.95. He should lower is price to $45 bucks and he should get some buyers. At that price, I might spring for them. At $79, no sale. Things are tough and money's tight.

I tend to agree with this.

There is also the option of the one at Precisionsound for $39. I've heard great things about their Rhodes Sample Set. Of course you might have to put the samples in and adjust them yourself. They also often have sales found on KVR which can get the price down rock bottom. http://www.store.precisionsound.net/dustyinfo.php

I just picked up a Roland Fantom XR and imported the Free Samples from Ceasarsound on RolandClan and they sound fantastic to my ears. I may run with those for a while. They have a great "bark" and are pretty warm.

Keep in mind though that the GospelMusicians Rhodes Samples target ( at least initially it seems ) a specific group of musicians in the Gospel Keyboard Community. These guys may go for it pronto as most probably are extremely tired of playing the stock motif rhodes sounds each week at Church. Also most of them use Motifs and dig the exact "special" sound that GospelMusicians is going for. I LOVE that sound by the way and will eventually pick up the samples myself, but as mentioned above, I really have to think twice about where my money goes these days.

@VanZea - Thanks for the free Motif Rhodes soundset above. I'll check it out.

• Members

Good point on the price point, but when I compared their pricing to the sounds on the Motifator store, I see the Pianos going for $115 and $99.99, so I guess when comparing to a piano sound for $99.99, I guess the price isn't so bad.

It's like you said Jim, it caters to a specific group of people that would love to have a better Rhodes sound. Like I said, I've had a Classic and an ES and played an XS and XF and the Rhodes sounds are still the same.

I welcome a change and with the type of music I do, I think this is exactly what I may need, without lugging my laptop!

• Members

Good point on the price point, but when I compared their pricing to the sounds on the Motifator store, I see the Pianos going for $115 and $99.99, so I guess when comparing to a piano sound for $99.99, I guess the price isn't so bad.

Wow! I didn't notice that. Indeed I would say the price point is right in line with the products being sold on Motifator then. You might even get more for your money considering there are several patches. I stand corrected. Thanks! It definitely makes me feel better about picking them up knowing that they are priced similarly to the other Motif products. It guess that's what Yamaha Motif users are paying for samples so that's all right with me. :)

• Members

I'm pretty sure the ES has more/better rhodes samples than the stock motif.

I have a S90 (original Motif soundset) and the rhodes sounds on it are not as good as those on the S90ES/MotifES. There's 1 particular rhodes patch on the ES (name escapes me ATM) that blows away every other Yamaha rhodes patch I've heard for expressiveness/fatness. So I don't think they are the same samples.

• Members

I'm pretty sure the ES has more/better rhodes samples than the stock motif.

I have a S90 (original Motif soundset) and the rhodes sounds on it are not as good as those on the S90ES/MotifES. There's 1 particular rhodes patch on the ES (name escapes me ATM) that blows away every other Yamaha rhodes patch I've heard for expressiveness/fatness. So I don't think they are the same samples.

From the video it looks like this guys is comparing the Motif ES with his new samples and to my ears, the new samples he is promoting definitely sound much more warmer and phatter than the stock of even the ES.

• Members

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone got a chance to review the new Neo-Soul Rhodes Sounds and Samples by GospelMusicians.com? I've been looking for new inspiration and it seems as the Motif has not changed it's Rhodes sounds since the Classic.

Here are some Demos:
http://store.gospelmusicians.com/Neo-Soul_Rhodes/

Does anyone have this one:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=3E635F23723D3062

They sound pretty good! I'm thinking about getting them!

Perhaps Big_J = Big_JAMAL from Gospelmusicians himself? :cop:

Looks like spamming a tiny bit to me.

Exact same posts here.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/550836-new-neo-soul-rhodes-sounds-motif.html

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4315076

No big deal, but I'm not sure how many people like being manipulated. Could be wrong though.

Good Luck with your Sample Sales.

TK

• Members

Vintage Keys library is $34.95, it has a bunch of great Rhodes voices. Although these are not "new" samples, they do sound great. The Neo Rhodes sounds are his own samples and they also sound great, and there are Rhodes sounds that are unique. That said, I still say he is asking too much money for the voices when you compare to what you get on other Libraries on Motifator.

Mike T.

• 8 years later...

Archived