Kurzweil K2661 Vs K2XXX, PC3

_Wally_

• Members

Hey its been a while since i've posted but i wanted a second opinion on this topic, today i went out for groceries shopping and went to a music outlet, where i've stumbled with a NOS K2661, i've always been curious about kurzweil, i really wanted an K2000 when i started playing, and this particular unit comes at a very attractive price, so i was wondering how much is it worth getting one still today, considering that the VAST engine is still used on the PC3K series obviously with an updated chipset, but functionally how much would i've give up? and what should i look out for problem-wise when really auditioning the unit, older Kurzs are kind of temperamental, Really appreciate your input on this topic, thanks in advance

• Members

price is about $800 (witch is good for latin america) and as far as i could tell everything is fine, i've just downloaded some manuals to check whats installed on it and how to load the demo, physically its just dirty

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I've never played a K2661, but I still gig with my K2000, and I've used the piano in some recent recordings. I use it in a duo I have and it sounds great. The K2661 the same family, but a more advanced version that the K2000 (or K2VP). If available, I certainly would pick one up!

Archived