Virtual library-live

PianoPete

• Members

What do you think is the best virtual library for playing live? I've been looking at Vienna instruments, East-West, Native Instruments etc. Stability and reliability are a must! I'd like to have just about any sound I need at my fingertips. Running a MacBook Pro.

• Members

It would be helpful if you could tell us what kind of music you are wanting to have the ability to cover. From your description of what you've been looking at, it sounds like orchestral libraries are important to you. If you are more interested in having what we call "bread & butter" sounds, then Native Instruments will surely deliver that. My suggestion would be (since you have a MacBook Pro) to spend $30 on Apple Mainstage, load all the free Logic instruments, and look, listen, and play what you have. Then you can base your buying decisions on Instruments you lack. Hopefully it will save you some money in the long run. There are plenty of people using just Mainstage and the built-in instruments for their live rigs. Good luck!

Archived