ensoniq TS-10 cannot re-calibrate the keyboard

• Members

Hello,

after serveral years, i tried to re-animate my ensoniq TS-10. It was covered by a cloth/towel. So, heavy dust was not a problem. Addionally it was hidden under a bed ;-) It is in a mint condition and not in use for some years... i remember i had a minor problem with one or two keys, but they always worked after some action. Now, the issue seems totally different. The calibration can not be executed. Is this a known issue? Is it the battery? Is it a material weakness?

PROBLEM:

The keyboard does not calibrate anymore... the only option is to hit the ignore button. But after that, no key is working :confused::eek:

QUESTION:

Can you give any clue or hint how to repair it? Or at least what i should do in such a situation?

Thanks for your thoughts in advance.

regards,

rk

• Members

Thank you very much for pointing me to the VFX !!! I never thought of searching for another product. My internet TS searches went towards zero. Finally there is hope and light at the end of the tunnel :-)

• Members

I believe that the TS-10 does NOT have the same keybed has the VFX. I think the TS is slightly weighted and spongier.

You may want to join the Yahoo TS Users Group.

As an aside: I have a VFX-SD, which I love to death. So much that I figured I'd get the most advanced synth in that series: so I got a TS-10 off the eBay. Well...it turns out to be the worst transaction I've ever made. It arrived DOA; the seller shirked me; and getting it repaired has been a nightmare. It's been nearly a year, and its a brick.

Anyways, try to find a trustworthy, reliable repairman and get your TS fixed. Just bite the bullet and don't be afraid to pay a decent amount of money.

• Members

I had an ASR-10 which had the same problem. I replaced the ribbon cable between the motherboard and keybed to solve the problem. Those ribbon cables may be hard to come by now, so a hardwire may be your best option.

• Members

I'm a former owner of a TS-12, VFX and SD-1. Had this issue with the VFX and SD-1 but not the TS-12. The ensoniq boards do a scan of the hardware on power up to detect the hardware as well as scanning for mod wheel positioning, etc. Try reseating all cables in the TS-10 by unplugging and replugging them in a few times. It could be something that simple. Also, here are some resources that might be able to help you via email/phone call:

http://www.syntaur.com/ensoniq.html

http://www.thesoniq.com/

Hope this helps....

• 6 years later...
  • Members

I have a TS 12 - it hasn’t worked in 10 years. I don’t know why anyone would want to purchase an obsolete keyboard. It’s not like the TS series was ground breaking, and the sounds are dated. It’s not a great performance piece. Why waist money on old junk when many modern keyboards are affordable and much more usable.

Archived