Advice on What keyboard to get for my uses

yzf125

• Members

Used or new? What is your maximum budget?

New:

The Yamaha MOX6 just came out, sounds amazing. $1,200. This would be my pick right now.

E-mu LONGBoard, solid bread and butter sounds: $400

Yamaha MM6, good sounds, $600

Korg X50, solid acoustic sounds, wonderful pads/synth: $700

Roland Juno-Di, very versatile, quality Roland sounds, $700

Roland Juno-Gi, better version of the Di, $1000

If you want better quality than the MOX6 and want new, you then have to jump to $2000 or more.

On the USED market, you have a much wider choice.

• Members

All the recommendations above are good ones at any price. I own a Juno GI and it rocks for amount of sounds and quality. I have heard the MOX. And it sounds really nice as well. If you can deal with micro keys the KORG Microstation is great sounding, even better than the Triton plus $599US. Not bad.

• Members

Thanks for the advice guys, I checked out all of them you have mentioned on You Tube and have them narrowed down these in no particular order.

Yamaha MOX

Korg M50

Roland DI

Roland GI

Price IS a big issue for me, I have been looking at used on Ebay and at Guitar Center. What is the difference between the Roland GI and DI besides the 8 track recorder that could justify the extra cash ? if it has more quality sounds then i would consider that but they seem the same.

Thanks a bunch !

• Members

The Juno G and D series do have similar sounds, though no two synths will ever sound exactly the same.

Shopping used I see Juno D (precursor to Di, similar sound) for $250-350 regularly on my local Craigslist...a good buy for your application.

Also if you see a Roland RS-5 for sale used, this is the precursor of the Juno D, very similar and even cheaper.

• 4 months later...

Archived