Trying to find a "ya ya" VSTi

Voltaire

• Members

Like, it's a very punchy "YA" kind of vocal sound, but it's clearly not a vocal sound. I used to have an old RP200 guitar multi-effects unit by Digitech and one of the effects made the guitar sound like, "YA" and I recently heard the this synth tone in a song. I NEED IT. Where can I find it.. or better yet, is there an actual name for it?

• Members

I'm not up on vst's, but it sounds like you want one that will give you a couple of bandpass filters at the same time.

probably worth noting too that you won't get exactly the same sound using an envelope generator as you will using an actual guitar into an envelope follower, the second one is more complex

• Members

I'm trying to find an actual instrument not an effect. I've got a few different formant filters, but I can't seem to get it right.. and the tutorials available online mostly suck. Unless I'm looking up the wrong thing.

Basically, what you need is an ability to morph between an 'E' formant filter and an 'A' formant filter. I believe the Emu Morpheus had the ability to do this... in fact, I'm pretty sure it had a preset called "Ya-Ya".

Archived