The Doctor Pangloss Music Preservation Society & Medicine Show performing tonight!

Suilebhain

• Members

Unless I have a heart attack or some other ironic element presents itself, the Doctor Pangloss Music Preservation Society & Medicine Show will be performing tonight at The Venture Compound in St. Pete. Now, I know that 99% of you live somewhere far from St. Pete, but I just thought that I would get some of my pre-gig jitters out with a little crowing.

At this point, Doctor Pangloss is just me and a figurine of Ganesha on stage. I haven't figured a way to get The Primal Sound to chime in yet, so he just sits there holding his flute to his mouth. My wife is planning to record it for posterity, so I'll put up a link after all is said and done for everyone's amusement.

• Members

It was GREAT FUN!

Technical difficulties in abundance, or as they say in chemistry 101, in excess, but despite it all we prevailed!

However, the end result recording - not so good. Balance was never established because during my soundcheck, which never actually happened (the disadvantage of going on first) because we had to track down a hum. The hum was pretty major and was due to a change in the setup that had occurred when switching to a stereo setup. Of course, it was worth finding the hum because a ground was lifted and I pulled a shock off my power strip. So, I paid the price for those who followed.

Also, there was a competing event nearby so the crowd was thin at 10PM.

The people who were there said they enjoyed it, though, so it was worth it.

Archived