How to travel with a digital piano on airplane?

danuniversal

• Members

I am goig to travel to USA and I will buy a digital piano, probably a Casio Privia PX 150 or PX 350; and also I would like to get the stand CS 67 and the pedals SP 33.

I want to take them back home, but the airline, which is United, only let me check baggage of this size:

70.0lbs (32.0kg) - linear 62.0in (157.0cm)

I think that the keyboard is not heavier than that, but I am not sure about the dimensions. I would like to know the size of the BOX in which it is packed, and if it is possible, the size of the boxes of the pedla and the stand too.

Also I would like to know if it is possible to travel with it as carry on baggage, if I trasport it in a gig bag, as I know that airlines should ley you transport musical instrument. Will they let me do that?

I would like to know if someone has had experiences doing something like this.

I have to buy the instrument in USA as they will not ship it to Mexico, and in Mexico is or very expensive (more than double), or unavailable. So I have no other option than transporting it myself.

Please help me. Thanks.

• Members

From Amazon:

Product Dimensions: 58 x 10 x 15 inches ; 33.5 pounds

Shipping Weight: 33 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)

Since the PX-130 is about 52 inches long and under 6 inches high, the dimensions above must be the shipping dimensions.

However, you may be legally required to pay import duties or taxes.

Archived