Hard reset in Alesis Micron

Reptilian

• Members

Do you know an alternate way to perform a reset other than power up while holding down [-] (Octave Down), [Programs] and [setups]

It seems that this is the normal reset since it takes just less than 1 second, but I am not sure.

Is there another way?

I dont have sound from the headphones and normal outputs. I think there was an electrical failure from the power adapter that affected my Micron. When I turn it on, I see the sounds in the screen, all seems to work normally, except for the most important thing: the sound.

please your help!!

• Members

I had a similar problem with my Micron. It's a common fault apparently with the volume pot. You'll need to get it replaced. I ordered a complete board so I didn't have to mess around soldering a dual gang pot. Here's what I ordered:

Alesis Micron Volume board

It cost me a bit more, as I had to get it shipped to England, but since doing it, my Micron has been very well behaved.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

hi I had this common hardware problem and I want to share my solution for someone out there like me who doesn't want to spend any money..

providing you don't consider an onboard volume pot a necessity you can very easily bypass the sucker.

I didn't take any phots but all you have to do is completely remove the bigger chord on the volume board and solder the outer pins on the main board to the adjacent pins. In other words the input and output to the pot are on adjacent pins for both channels, and the middle pins are not even connected to anything.

Alternatively, you can unplug and leave the chord dangling, then connect the outer wires the their neighbors.

Archived