Best place to advertise a Kawai M8000 for sale? (I'm no musician & really have no clue)

lmcgee1

• Members

Im going out on a limb here and admitting my ignorance when it comes to anything musical.  My musician husband died in a car accident and I have his equipment including some recording stuff.  I'm confused cuz I see this stuff go for $1000 on eBay, but the local music store only wants to give me $150.  Any advise on how to know how much this stuff is worth and where to advertise to the right audience?

• Members

I just bought one of those for $100 on craigslist.  Nice keyboard, but they're really not worth a whole lot more than that.  They're very old and outdated and heavy. 

150 is a decent music store price, you might be able to get 200 on craigslist or something.  $1000 is unheard of i this day and age, maybe 10 years ago but not now.

• Members

Thanks so much for your input. they were offering $150 for just the keyboard. I have lots of other stuff tho. Thanks for the web address. I don't understand that if it is rare and highly rated that it would be worth so little?

Archived